Rural Residential For Sale
6276 Highway 337 , Antigonish, NS, B2G2L2
Cottage at Ballantynes Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
If you love to breathe in fresh salty sea air, hear the cries of seagulls... if you dream of being lulled to sleep by the distant surf lapping on the seashore... if you long to stroll a sandy beach barefoot picking up driftwood or colourful stones and shells... look no further, you are home!
A lovingly restored century home nestled along the Sunrise Trail on Cape George, Nova Scotia in the quiet and picturesque fishing community of Ballantynes Cove, this home is next door to the wharf, marina and swimming beach. A 2 minute stroll and you can go for a swim, watch the fishing boats come and go, or grab an order of the best fish n chips anywhere! If you are a sailor, board your boat at Ballantynes Cove Marina and head out into St. Georges Bay for some great sailing and whale watching! Each room has been finished in warm earthy tones of sage, cottage red and cream which blend harmoniously with the rustic patina of the old hand-hewn wood beams and the rich finish of the hardwood and pine board flooring.
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms (one up and one down)
- beachstone fireplace in living room
- wide pine board flooring in bedrooms, bathrooms, livingroom and sunroom; original maple hardwood flooring in kitchen and solid maple countertop.
- open beamed ceilings in living room, kitchen, sunroom and main bathroom
- large, private front and back verandahs overlook lovely rolling country fields and trees.
- master bedroom upstairs has large dormer window with quaintly framed glimpses of the sea. Wake to the morning sunrise glistening on the water! Open beam and v-groove pine ceiling and walk-in closet.
- second bedroom, also upstairs, with its cozy sloped ceilings, looks out to sea from the charming little multi-paned gable window. This bedroom has ensuite bathroom with tub, shower, sink and toilet.
- Downstairs, the country bathroom has claw-foot tub, pedestal sink and toilet, and in a separate area, washer & dryer.
- House is heated with the wood-burning insert plus electric baseboard heating for backup. Both were installed within the last 3 years.
A network of hiking trails starts right across from the property and takes you on a 30km. adventure through woods and vales with breathtaking vistas of the sea. This property would make a wonderful retreat, cottage or year-round home. On school-bus route.
Twenty five minute drive to Antigonish.
This cottage is in move-in condition.
A million dollars worth of enjoyment for the recently reduced price of $159,000. Serious offers considered.
View Photoshow at www.photoshow.com/watch/kt2PB4Ih
Dryer, Fridge, Microwave, Stove, Washer
Hardwood, Wide plank pine
Separate Entrance, Unfinished
Bath and shower, Clawfoot Tub
Wood, Cedar Shingles
Water View, Next to wharf, marina and beach
$700 / year
||1,100 sq. ft|
|Ceiling Height: ||8 ft.|
|Year of Construction: ||1860|